Monday, October 28, 2013

NA2 Application letter (~250 words) Dr Alberto



Alberto from the ULPGC, an experienced researcher and scholar, provided this excellent application letter which may help other students tighten up their prose. By the way, I have not included the requisite headings and date at the top of the letter. 

Dear Mr. Cunningham,
I am writing to apply for the post of camp monitor recently advertised on your website.
I am a researcher who has finished a degree in Industrial Engineering and recently read my European PhD in Biomechanical Engineering. I speak Spanish as my first language, but I do have a good command of English, as part of my doctoral thesis had to be written and presented in English in front of an international panel. I also spent four months in Scotland researching my PhD studies.
As the attached CV indicates, I have worked as a researcher at the university for more than five years. Therefore, I am used to working in a team environment. I have also given lessons for several years in my field, allowing me to improve my teaching skills. Any of my supervisors from Spain and Scotland would be glad to provide a reference.
I believe I would be suitable for the job as I have always been keen on sports and enjoyed working with children, so I would welcome the chance to be part of this summer camp. I also consider myself patient and pragmatic enough to deal with the different issues that can take place in a job of this type.
I attach a full CV for your consideration. Should you require any further information, I would be glad to provide it. Thank you for taking the time to consider this application. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
Alberto C

No comments: