Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pablo's Scary Sleepwalking Story


A scary winter night 
Pablo NI 1 (EOI Puerto del Rosario)

This is a real story which happened to me when I was fourteen years old. It was a cold, bleak winter night. My family was in Galicia staying at my grandparents’ house.
It was the eve of Little Christmas, when those Three Wise Men would come from the Orient bringing presents for the families. My brother and I were impatient to open our gifts, so we went to bed early to wake up as soon as possible.
But at two in the morning, I heard a noise and opened my eyes. In that time, I saw my brother woke up and opened the bedroom door carefully with only moon light streaming through the window. I asked him where he was going, but he made no reply. I thought that he wanted to see the Three Wise Men, but suddenly I saw in a mirror that my brother’s eyes were closed. He was sleepwalking!
Then, he opened the door and he ambled along the corridor muttering things like “mummy,” “ice- cream” and other sense-less words (I had read that it is not good to disturb a sleepwalker, so I followed him quietly). He went into our grandparents’ bedroom and he started to push our grandmother with force. Immediately, she woke up and shouted, and every one came to see what the matter was. After that, my brother left the room and went down the stairs to our bedroom, and everyone followed him. Without saying anything he went to bed and didn’t move from there until nine o’ clock when he went to have breakfast. He did not remember anything from the previous night. Fortunately, to this day, he has never repeated that strange activity.
I guess you could say that was the most frightening experience of my life.

1 comment:

Lety Rodríguez said...

Ohhhhh, Pablo! I had frightened reading your story!