Monday, March 14, 2011

The Person I Most Admire in the World


Our fourth year students were talking about people they most admired. Mercedes took no time to come up with her subject. I enjoyed reading this essay which is brimming with love.

My grandmother is the person that I most admire. She is called Eugenia and she is now 77 years old although she looks much younger. She enjoys reading romantic novels, dancing with Carlos (a close friend) and going to church with friends and her younger sister every Sunday.

My grandmother is a very kind, positive person. She has a great sense of humour and loves animals and plants. Although the most important think for her is her family: her daughters and ten grandchildren.

She has always been a very modern woman for her times. She studied very hard and worked as a nurse in a hospital in Las Palmas until she got married in 1960. In 1961, my grandparents went to Africa for their honeymoon and lived there for five years. When my mother was born, they decided it was time to return to their beloved island homeland in Gran Canaria.

(Mercedes)

No comments: