Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sara's Spooky Story

Here is Sara's tale of a nightmare that seemed so real, she couldn't believe it was a dream. This story won second prize in the Halloween Spooky Story competition. Victor won first prize and Jesus B came in third. Congratulations to all three and thanks for giving us a fright! -- Your teacher, David

WAS THIS REAL OR A NIGHTMARE? by Sara

This story happened to me some years ago… I was only seven years old and I was a very happy child. Since that horrible life that changed my life.

I used to go to bed at 10:30 every night (when my favourite TV series finished). That day I went to sleep at the same hour, more or less. It was too cold because it was winter and it had been raining all day.

Before going to my bedroom, I went to say good night to my parents and they gave me a kiss. I was really tired but when I got into bed I was wide awake. I couldn’t sleep a wink so I was trying to think of beautiful things so I could get to sleep. Suddenly I saw some people moving into my bedroom. I thought they were Native American Indians dancing around something. I closed my eyes because I thought it was a nightmare but when I opened my eyes again they were still there.

I tried not to make any noise and I only felt fear at this sight. After a few minutes, they started making a bonfire with the wooden chair I always sat in to do my homework. They continued dancing. I thought they were part of a tribe and they were doing a ritual or something similar. I only wanted to cry and call my mom but it was too far. If I wanted to go to my parents’ room I had to pass through this mob. So I decided to close my eyes and cry in silence.

The next day I told this story to my mom and dad but of course they didn’t believe me. Nobody believed me but I am sure that wasn’t a normal nightmare because my eyes were wide open!
Sara

No comments: