Friday, November 23, 2012

Vicky at the Wheel



 We have talking about the changes in the British driving test. NA1 Vicky J recalled her driving test and the preparation classes with her husband. 

During my pregnancy, I finally decided to take up driving lessons. My first teacher was my husband. I had been begging him for a very long time to take me out in our car and teach me how to drive. As it was my first time behind the steering wheel, it was essential for us to pick a smooth, desert road so I could learn without fear. I have always had a healthy fear of driving. I am not one of those back-to-nature freaks who believe that all progress is bad. On the contrary, I enjoy being behind the driver´s seat. Also, my husband said  “you can do it” and encouraged me throughout this adventure.
In a few days I was be able to drive a car very well. Despite this the day of my driving test I felt real terror, my hands immediately broke out in cold sweat for fear of running over an innocent and I could not do it. After all, being able to drive was one of the cornerstones of independence and would mean that I had developed my own wings right? In the second time I was more relaxed and I could do a very good test.
Eventually with a lot of effort, my dream came true. When I got my driver license it was one of the happiest days of my life.

No comments: