Sunday, December 11, 2011

Seeing with my Ears

We have been rehearsing this song about blindness in our NB1 class. The chorus is quite catchy and we complimented our voices by signing it out with hand gestures. 

Seeing with my Ears (Tom Hunter) 

I was sitting in the kitchen, talking to a friend
When my friend said she knew there were cookies in the tin.
I knew she couldn't seem 'em, wondered how could she tell?
She must have seen them there by the way they smelled.

Seeing with my ears, seeing with my nose
Seeing with my fingers, seeing with my toes,
There's magic in the morning and big surprise
All the things I can see without my eyes!

Yesterday at school our teacher said we could begin
So she openned up the door and let an animal in.
We had to tell it what it was when the room was dark
I knew it was a dog because cats can't bark!

Last night in my bed, when I was fast asleep,
I saw some people in a field and 
They were playing with some sheep,
I was sleeping, it was dark, but do you know what?
There's lots of ways that I can see when my eyes are shut!

No comments: