Monday, December 19, 2011

Do you need a nurse? -- Lourdes

(We have been working on formal letter writing in our fourth year NIA class. Here is a great letter of application by Lourdes, a highly qualified nurse. Remember that we do not use contractions in this type of writing.)

A JOB APPLICATION BY LOURDES / N12A
Dear Sir / Madam,


I would like to apply for the job that I have seen advertised on your website.
I graduated as a nurse in 1984 in Tenerife (Canary Islands), and I did a Masters in Public Health from the University of Havana (Cuba).
As you can see in my CV, I have been working as a nurse in primary care since 1985 in different health centers, and in two of the Canary Islands.
In the last 5 years, my work has focused on Gran Canaria, and basically as a liaison nurse in the most aged areas of the island. As you know, the figure of the liaison nurse is well recognized in Spain and elsewhere in the world.
I am very interested in this work, because in England the nurse plays a very important and recognized in the health care offered to the public. In addition, the Primary Care in your country is highly evolved, and I think I am qualified to take the job you offer.


Furthermore, I want to improve my English. I am studying to improve it, but I think working in an English speaking country, would help me learn the language faster.
I enclose my Curriculum Vitae. Thank you for taking the time to consider this application, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours faithfully,
Lourdes S


No comments: