Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Letter of Complaint (Paz NA2)



TASK Read the instructions carefully and write a letter of complaint of 120-150 words.
                                                                                               Carretera a los Olivos, 41
                                                                                               35300, Santa Brígida
                                                                                               25th February, 2016
Av. Tirajana, 25
35100 Playa del Inglés
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

Dear Mr. James Redston,

I am writing to complain about the meal I was served. Despite reading a positive review on the website, I went to eat to your British restaurant in Gran Canaria. A friend had recommended it to me as a good place to go for a romantic dinner in my holiday. It was the last day in the south of the island and I wanted to go somewhere special. When I phoned to reserve a table I specifically asked if we could eat gluten free food because my husband is celiac. The person I spoke to assured me it would not be a problem.

However, when we arrived at the restaurant, the menu had not gluten free food. When I informed the waiter that I had specifically requested food for celiac, he said that he did not know nothing about that.

They brought gluten-free food from another of their restaurants. Although the food was fine, the service was slow and the waiting staff unfriendly. When I was presented with the bill, I noticed that a 15% service charge had been included. I mentioned that I had been unhappy with the service and politely asked for the service charge to be removed. When the waiter refused, I demanded to see the manager but was told that he was away. I doubt very much if I will ever eat at this restaurant again.
Of course, I hope that the list of allergens will be included in your menu. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely

Paz

No comments: