Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Letter to Paul (by Cristina P)


 

Our NI2 class just finished the book Two Lives in which Megan and Hugh are reunited after 50 years.

Here is Cristina's imaginary letter from Megan to Paul, the fiancé who was left behind. Great work, Cristina!


Tredonald, Wales
 
7 March 2012
 
Dear Paul,

I want to write you because you left the village so quickly that I couldn´t give you an explanation. You deserve much more. 
 
You have been the most important person in my life for the last few years, you gave me hope.
But I don´t want to deceive you or myself. As you know, Hugh was my teenage love and I thought
that this love had been broken. He never replied to my letters, I thought, and I was so disappointed.
 
When I learned all the truth, I didn´t believe it, I have been living a lie, and it makes me reconsider Beth's life and my own feelings. I still love Huw and that´s what my heart says.
 
I can´t waste this opportunity, and you deserve someone who loves you more than I could do.
 
I don´t blame you if you bear me a grudge, but I would hope that someday you can forgive me because I wish nothing but the best for you.

Best wishes,
Megan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This girl writes very, very, very right. It´s a wonderful letter