Saturday, May 28, 2011

De Valsequillo a San Mateo: ¡¡Échale Mojo!!



I was so pleased to sing and play in Valsequillo and San Mateo this week for the Canary Day preparations. We will all celebrate the Día de Canarias on Monday and it was an honor to find so many young people were able to sing (without notes!) Marco Hormiga's versions of Canary songs. I thank María Dolores, Conchi, Rosa María and the headteacher Rosa (from Tenteniguada) and everyone at the primary school in Valsequillo for making me feel so welcome. I especially enjoyed my school dinner. For more information, see ....
http://valsequilloclil.blogspot.com/2010/05/canary-islands-view-more-presentations_31.html#comment-form

I also want to thank Conchi, Alicia and Gloria for inviting to sing in San Mateo. That was a real thrill. Thanks also for the lovely gift.

Gracias a Gloria y María Dolores por invitarme a los colegios de San Mateo y Valsequillo a cantar. Fue maravilloso compartir canciones con sus alumnos! Un abrazo de David Shea

No comments: