Monday, December 17, 2012

Magdalena’s Memories of Dancing as a Child



When I was a youth, I used to dance. Every day, I took my ballet lessons. Some days, I danced classical, others modern dance and others jazz. learnt not only about dance but also about music. I shared a lot of time with my friends. Actually, I could say that we were like a big family who loved dancing.
My teacher danced like a wave on the ocean. She was very perfectionist but at the same time very affectionate. My body was very beefy and I did not use to have stiffness. Probably, this was because I was used to doing exercise regularly.
When I finished my secondary school I went to university. That meant moving to another island so that, I had to stop dancing. Suddenly, my knees started hurting. When I visited the doctor,  I remember he told me that my muscles were very relaxed and I had to take time to recover. Since then, I have not danced. At the beginning not only my mind but also my body had to get used to my habits.
I have very good memories for such a lovely time and nowadays I could say without a doubt that those years were the most fun in my entire life.
Magdalena NA1

No comments: