Monday, March 5, 2012

Why so Glum Chum?

Lumi's friend Mo is feeling a little sad. So Lumi (NI 2) wrote this letter to cheer her friend up.



                         
                                       March 3, 2012

Dear Mo,

I have just finished reading your letter and I wanted to reply straight away because I cannot believe you are so depressed.

Maybe you are working too much: your job, your housework, your responsibilities with your two sons, their homework. Too many things and there are only twenty-four hours in a day.

Have you thought about getting a time off? Do not worry about your sons. They can come to my house and I will look after them. They will surely enjoy themselves with my daughter and me. Then, you can go on holiday, for example. I know you cannot be much time without them, but you need a rest just for a few days, don’t you?

As I suppose you want a place that is not too far from here, you can go to my flat at Arinaga beach, a wonderful place for relaxing. It is quite quiet and there are a lot of things to do. The weather is great because it is hot all the time, although it is a little windy. There are a lot of restaurants for eating, some beaches for swimming and good places for surfing.I like eating fresh fish in a restaurant that is close to the sea and seeing the waves in the beach. I really recommend it for relaxing.

I hope you agree with me and take your holidays now. Write soon, please. I am very concerned about you.

Best wishes

Lumi.

No comments: