Sunday, April 22, 2012

Frankly, my dear... (classic quote)


One of my favourite films is Gone with the Wind, the classics film that won 10 Academy Awards. (by Georgina NI 2B)
Set in the 19th century American South it tells a story of the American Civil War and subsequent reconstruction era. The film opens on a large cotton plantation called Tara in rural Georgia in 1861 on the eve of the American Civil War.
The main character is Scarlett O’Hara, a silly girl who loves her husband’s cousin. In the first part of the film she is very silly but in the second part development in a bold, mature and strong person. The film stars Vivian Leigh, Olivia de Havilland, Cark Gable and Leslie Howard.
My favorite phrase is almost the end of the film when Scarlett says, “Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?” To this he answers, “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn” and walks away into the fog. I have fond film memories because it was the first film that my father allowed me to watch when I was a young child.

No comments: